Thursday, July 22, 2010

Moving along

Hey all! Just wanted to give some news since things have kind of slowed while my counts continued to recover. Everything is still going as planned. Dr.Jurcic at Sloan has decided that it would be beneficial for me to get another bone marrow biopsy next week to make sure that within the past month no leukemia has regenerated. We have been waiting for my platelet count to reach 70 before going ahead with my next round of chemo but it seems to be lingering at 55. The 2 rounds of chemo I had in Canada really beat my immune system up and because I was so sick to begin with it was expected that it may take this long for everything to come up. So my doctor has decided that we may just go ahead with a less intense chemotherapy drug. I will be admitted to Sloan for 5 days during that time. Once I recover in about 4 weeks following the chemo I will be admitted to the isolation floor and begin radiation and chemotherapy prior to my stem cell transplant. That's all the news I have for now.

Stay positive!
Kerry

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kerry! I'm a friend of Amanda's and I just wanted to let you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. You seem like such a strong spirited person, and I know that times are rough, but you WILL get through it! You are in the best facility in the world! Best wishes! B+!!!

    ReplyDelete